Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

There aren't many things I love more than Christmas and there is something about Christmas in Korea that makes it even more magical. I don't know if its the cold and the snow, the millions of lights all over the streets or the awesome people I get to be surrounded by but this December/Christmas month has been one of my favorites. Also, right around Christmas time I had a couch surfer come and stay with me for a few days who was WALKING around the world. Yes you read right, walking. He doesn't use any transport besides his feet so he arrived in Seoul and walked down to Daegu where he stayed with me for a few days. He mentioned that he hadn't been home for Christmas in years so I invited him along to our Christmas dinner. He's a great guy and it was fun sharing the Christmas spirit :) These are just a few snapshots from the festivities :)

















My students in the snow

In Korea you only get Christmas day off, not boxing day so we decided to go out on Christmas eve with everyone and then do a small get together on Christmas itself at Aubrey and Gareths place and eat till we couldn't anymore!




Andrew my couchsurfer


Food glorious food!


All in all, a Christmas for the record books.

No comments:

Post a Comment