Sunday, May 20, 2012

That dreaded word... Exercise

So I am sure that all of you that know me know that I am by far one of the laziest people ever! I do not do any form of exercise unless I absolutely have to. I wish I was one of those people that love exercise but I just don't get it. However being in Korea has been great since we have had to walk everywhere and on my way to and from school there are quite a few uphills that give my calves a workout so I thought that it was about time that I get off my ass and do something about the fact that I am sooo unfit!
This is how we came to the decision to hike Apsan. Liz hikes it like twice a week but I never wanted to go with her because she is super fit and I would probably die after trying to keep up with her. After hiking Apsan last week Sunday I can safely say that that was a very good decision! I went with Sally, Emma and Shawn and both Emma and Shawn for a tad hungover so they had to stop and breath every so often which was great for me and also because in Korea all the mountain hikes seem to just go straight UPHILL, it is quite unpleasant when you're not used to it but it gets better over time.
Anyways after huffing and puffing for about 1 hour and 20 minutes we finally made it to the top! Once you get to that lookout and you see that view the whole hike is worth it! It's so beautiful and you have a view of the whole city...

All the lantern are up to celebrate buddah's birthday which is this coming weekend






After realizing that I could get up a mountain without dying I thought that it was maybe about time I find some places near me where I could do some exercise. There is this park that I look out onto from my window at school and I always tell myself that I am going to go for a run and it just never happens... So after the hiking experience I had the motivation to finally do it, and turns out it is an amazing park! Its so pretty because you also have a great view from the park and look down onto the river, I ran down from the park away from my school and found out I can run along the river on this like boardwalk thing until I get back onto the main road and can then walk home from there. You can't run on the main road as you will either get hit by a car, bus, motorbike or old Korean woman whose way you are in... Anyways all in all it was a good day! Now I just have to make myself do it more than once...
View from the park

View from the park



The reflective surface is not water its actually a circular area at the top of the park that is tiled. I have no idea why you would need a tiled area in a park but hey, this is Korea. 

On Friday night we then decided to do a night hike up Apsan because it was so pretty in the day it must look amazing at night with all the city lights on and turns out it really was. It's kinda scary hiking in the dark and you have to be very careful that you don't fall and break your neck but it was a lot of fun.





Enjoy the pics! Bye for now :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment